Top Reasons to Buy A Used Car
Most people looking to purchase a car will consider whether used cars are a better option. Often the choice of new versus used will depend on personal reasons such as the car buyers budget, whether the vehicle will be used as second car for the family, and if they really need the newest bells and whistles that have little to do with how well a car performs. If you are considering buying a used car, here are the top reasons why that decision is a good choice.
- More Vehicles to Choose From – new car dealerships only offer the current year models in addition to the new releases that are presented in early fall. A used car dealership in Los Angeles will have that smaller pickup you desire, a retro wood paneled station wagon, or that 2015 Ford Mustang that was outside of your budget when first offered. You can literally purchase the car of your dreams, when you buy a used car.
- Smart Value for your Money – a new car will lose value the moment you drive it off the lot. Within one year, the car’s value is already reduced by 30% – and 50% depreciation after 5 years. Cars are more of a consumable item as opposed to an asset that gains appreciable value. And since today’s cars last longer, depending on the make and model you can expect a used car with mileage between 100,000 and 200,000 to perform well for many more years.
- Reduced Fees and Insurance Costs – with car insurance and sometimes the registration fees also, the costs are based on the vehicle’s transaction price. When the value of your car is less, you save money on insurance costs and state fees. Also, certain used car models have a good record for safety and are cheaper to insure. While some states charge fees based on the age of the vehicle, for all states, registration fees are increasing to generate more revenue.
- More Car, Less Money – one of the best things about buying a used car is that you can stay within your budget and still get those must-have features like a back-up camera system and heated seats. And if you’ve always dreamed of owning a luxury car, look into a certified pre-owned vehicle as a good deal, to make sure the more costly service repair and OEM parts don’t eat up your savings. Often you can find a used Mercedes Benz in excellent condition that costs the same as a new Toyota Camry.
- Data and Information Sources – no longer are consumers buying used cars uninformed. There are many sources of information to check whether your used car make and model is a good choice. JD Powers gives excellent car reviews; CarFax.com supplies vehicle history reports; Kelly’s Blue Book can guide you on whether the price you’re paying is fair market value. These rich sources of information can guide you to selecting the right used car.
If you are looking for a reliable, honest used car dealership in Los Angeles, visit Cars911.com for a large selection of used cars, with upfront pricing so you know you are getting a good deal. Cars911 is an industry leader, and offers fast online approval along with financing options for both good and bad credit car buyers.